AS KIDS SEE IT…


by : Nadia Nazaruddin

I‘m sure my mother was exhausted having to create costumes for her seven kids. One-year, my nine-year-old sister, Valerie, magically transformed into a bunch of grapes when Mum pinned the knotted end of big purple balloons to an oversized purple sweater and tied a green ribbon around her ponytail.
Unfortunately, by the end of the night, her costume was suffering from some unforeseen popping.
“What are you dressed as?” one women asked.
“I was supposed to be a bunch of grapes” Valerie replied. “But I think I look more like raisins now.”

# # #

AS we got off a fast-moving Ferris wheel at the fair, I asked my four-year-old son, Joe, if he had butterflies in his tummy.
“No Mum” Joe replied. “I kept my mouth closed.”

# # #

THE priest was advising the kids about the peer pressure. He told them that they could be pressured into becoming bullies or they might be dared into shoplifting. Then, he asked “What other pressures might you have?”
One little girl said, “Blood pressure!”

# # #

FOR my niece, who had just had a baby, I asked my daughter, Sabrina, six and Stacy, five, to each put one of their bears in with the present I was giving. I thought it would be a sincere gift from the heart. Sabrina had a hard time deciding which toy she wanted to part with, but Stacy came happily down with a handful of toys. So, I praised her generously. Some time later, Sabrina came down crying.
“What’s wrong?” I asked her.
“Stacy gave the bay all my stuff!”

_____________________________________________________________

by : Nadia Nazaruddin

SLEEP LIKE A BABY


· Make sure your room is quite and dark and your bed is comfortable.
· Get up and go to bed at the same time everyday.
· Limit your caffeine consumption and nicotine use. And eat dinner two to three hours before bedtime—it is more difficult to fall asleep if your body is still breaking down the food you ate. A light snack just before bedtime , however, may be helpful.
· Exercise regularly. Physical activity done early in the day may promote deeper and better quality sleep. Too-vigorous exercise just before bedtime, however, may delay sleep.
· Do not toss and turn for longer than half an hour. Get up and do something calming such as reading.
· Develop a relaxing pre-sleep ritual; have a glass of warm milk or herbal tea; read or take a warm bath.
· Get treatment for any medical problems that may contribute to sleep troubles such as sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome.
· Sleeping pills are the best used for situational insomnia. A person who normally sleeps well cannot do so because of acute stress.



No comments:

Post a Comment